CISG Article 46
1. The buyer may require performance by the seller of his obligation unless the buyer has resorted to a remedy which is inconsistent with this requirement.
2. If the goods do not conform with the contract the buyer may require delivery of substitute goods only if the lack of conformity constitutes a fundamental breach of contract and a request for substitute goods is made either in conjunction with notice given under article 39 or within a reasonable time thereafter.
3. If the goods do not conform with the contract, the buyer may require the seller to remedy the lack of conformity by repair, unless this is unreasonable having regard to all the circumstances. A request for repair must be made either in conjunction with notice given under article 39 or within a reasonable time thereafter.
ULIS Article 24
1. Where the seller fails to perform his obligations as regards the date or the place of delivery, the buyer may, as provided in Articles 25 to 32:
(a) require performance of the contract by the seller;
(b) declare the contract avoided.
2. The buyer may also claim damages as provided in Article 82 or in Articles 84 to 87.
3. In no case shall the seller be entitled to apply to a court or arbitral tribunal to grant him a period of grace.
ULIS Article 25
The buyer shall not be entitled to require performance of the contract by the seller, if it is in conformity with usage and reasonably possible for the buyer to purchase goods to replace those to which the contact relates. In this case the contract shall be ipso facto avoided as from the time when such purchase should be effected.
ULIS Article 26(1)
Where the failure to deliver the goods at the date fixed amount to a fundamental breach of the contract, the buyer may either require performance by the seller or declare the contract avoided. He shall inform the seller of his decision within a reasonable time; otherwise the contract shall be ipso facto avoided.
SEE ALSO Articles 27(1), 30(1), 41(1(a), 42(1), 51, 52(1), 55(2) of ULIS
Go to Database Directory || Go to CISG Table of Contents