Presented below is a composite list of Art. 83 cases reporting UNCITRAL Digest cases and other Art. 83 cases. All cases are listed in chronological sequence, commencing with the most recent. Asterisks identify the cases cited in the 2008 and 2012 UNCITRAL Digests, commencing with the 12 March 2001 citation reported below. Cases are coded to the UNCITRAL Thesaurus.
English texts and full-text English translations of cases are provided as indicated. In most instances researchers can also access UNCITRAL abstracts and link to Unilex abstracts and full-text original-language case texts sourced from Internet websites and other data on the cases.
For a case annotated analysis of issues associated with Consequences of Avoidance of the
Contract, go to CISG-Advisory Council Opinion No. 9, dated 15 November 2008. Rapporteur: Professor Michael G. Bridge. Opinion unanimously adopted by the CISG-AC: Eric E. Bergsten (Chair); Michael Joachim Bonell, Michael G. Bridge, Alejandro M. Garro, Roy M. Goode, John Y. Gotanda, Sergei N. Lebedev, Pilar Perales Viscasillas, Jan Ramberg, Ingeborg Schwenzer, Hiroo Sono, Claude Witz (Members); Sieg Eiselen (Secretary)
Netherlands 6 March 2012 [Court of Appeal] Gerechtshof Leeuwarden ([...] v. Herotec Flächenheizung GmbH) 83A ; 83B ; 83B3
Austria 23 May 2005 Oberster Gerichtshof [Supreme Court] [translation available]
Russia 25 July 2003 Arbitration Award No. 1/2003
* Germany 12 March 2001 Oberlandesgericht [Appellate Court] Stuttgart [translation available]
* Austria 29 June 1999 Oberster Gerichtshof [Supreme Court] [translation available]
ICC March 1999 International Court of Arbitration, Case 9978
* Germany 21 March 1996 Hamburg Arbitration Award [translation available]
* Germany 11 October 1995 Landgericht [District Court] Düsseldorf [translation available]
* Germany 10 February 1994 Oberlandgericht [Appellate Court] Düsseldorf (Fabric case) [translation available]